Injecting chlorine dioxide into a well is an established technique for removing sulphides and sulphates from oil and gas wells.
CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide is a practically pure solution of chlorine dioxide. It rapidly oxidises the naturally occurring iron compounds, and is also effective at breaking up and removing organic solids and added polymers.
Sulphides are formed by the action of sulphate reducing bacteria found in oil well systems. The sulphides react with iron in the water to form insoluble iron sulphide that in conjunction with bacterial biofilm acts as a plugging agent. CleanOxide 75 is a practically pure solution of chlorine dioxide – one of the most powerful and safe disinfectants known as well as a highly effective oxidising agent for converting sulphide to sulphate, thus providing a method of simultaneously controlling sulphur reducing bacteria and removing sulphides.
The presence of sulphides also causes what is known as sour crude which is of lower quality and more expensive to refine. Controlling sulphide levels in oil and gas wells is not only necessary for ensuring a higher quality product and to minimise plugging, it is also necessary for the protection of personnel from exposure to extremely toxic hydrogen sulphide gas.
CleanOxide 75 can be used in place of or in addition to conventional biocides to control bacteria in drilling mud and hydraulic fracturing fluids, downhole cleaning of injection and disposal wells, and as an emulsion breaker.
The superior air sanitisation solution eliminates odours, airborne bacteria and viruses in residential and commercial applications.
Unlike most conventional Odour treatments that merely mask bad smells our CleanOxide Gel actually has the ability to kill the source of the problem. The Chlorine Dioxide that is released from the Gel works by destroying part of the odour molecule, stripping it of its odour potential. It is the oxygen ions that are doing the work, killing the airborne bacteria, mould or viruses and safely eliminating odour.